The space in which the exposition is located is the gallery hall “RADIKALNO”, part of department “Sculpture” at the University of Veliko Tarnovo “St. St. Cyril and Methodius”.
The collective presentation of creative activity is deliberately positioned in studios and halls institutionally related to the learning process. A displaced center of activity or an attempt to recover the immanent flow belonging to the young authors? The processes that led to these events are marked by the first minutes of the social isolation caused by COVID-19. This is an attempt to resuscitate those lost spaces that reproduce the echo of the creative act.
The “CANDLES” project is one of the first to take advantage of the space. It was presented there in 2000 and later in “XXL” gallery, Sofia 2001. “ “Candles” have become an appeal for purity, kindness and sincerity in human relationships …”, writes Svetlana Popova1.
“STUDIO EXPERIMENTAL DRAWING” seems to close the cycle and return us to the social and the prism of the individual. The aspects explored by the authors – the boundaries of the inner world are our points of contact with the surrounding world – the joint assimilation of space and time. This, as observers, led us to the “hermetic barrier” of M. Mafezoli or the “absence” of such2.
“SOCIETY – THE BOUNDARIES OF THE SOCIALLY ACCEPTED” and “SKIN – THE BOUNDARIES OF MY WORLD”
And the connecting link between the two – “the body and the environment in which it is located.” The authors’ approach is based on the individual experience. The subject shared by the individual works can be named in one word – the individuality. The communication realized in the space is between the recipients, between them and the works – an environment that resonates.
“One of my goals is to free my living space from influence, to free my mind from stereotypes” shared with us Daniela Nikolova. The author of “Simulation” Antoaneta Toneva clarifies: “The internal conflict is a driving force for me, to absorb the borders or let they absorb me …”, and Raostin Radoev summarizes: “Ideas are borders, and looking into them destroys them. This is my absolute freedom. “
1. Svetlana Popova, Issue 4 of the newspaper “Culture” 2001
2. Mafesoli, M., The Rhythm of Life. Variations on Postmodern Themes, Marin Dimitrov Academic Publishing House, 2011, p. 134.
3. Mafesoli, M., The Rhythm of Life. Variations on Postmodern Themes, Marin Dimitrov Academic Publishing House, 2011, p. 22
“Social boundaries or social restrictions” – Daniela Nikolova
„Simulation” – Antoaneta Toneva
„The judgment of the harmful habit” – Ilina Peneva
“ATELIER INTERMEDIA” and
“THOUGHTS FROM LODZ – AFTER THE APPLES” – Hristiana Yordanova
1. PHOENIX – Gabriela Ivanova, 1 year
2. MUSIC, TEXT. IMAGE – Gabriela Ivanova, 3 years old
3. SOUND FROM THE FOREST – Pavlena Mineva, 1 year old
4. HARMFUL FOODS – Stelian Peev, 1 course
5. FAKE NEWS – Stelian Peev, 1 year
6. CONVERSATION OF DROPS – Pavlena Mineva, 1st course
7. BAL – Borislava Ivanova, 1 year
8. INVERSION – Ilina Titkova, 1 course
9. THE SUGAR PEOPLE – Teodora Ganeva, 3 years old
10. DELUSION – Boryslyava Ivanova, 1 course
11. WITHOUT TITLE – Maria-Desislava Nestorova, 1 course